Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Autumn Leaves....



I think if I had leaf punches or die cuts... You wouldn't be seeing this card. This background definitely made me want to make leaves from it... Unfortunately or fortunately I don't have any Leaf die cuts. So I decided to emboss the background and the card ended up looking like this.

My DD suggested the colors after she helped me videotape making the blue green background so this is for Kaeli...

Recipe:
  1. Start with glossy cardstock.
  2. Drip 3 drops of butterscotch alcohol ink on your felt on your applicator add 3 drops of alcohol blending solution.
  3. Smear this all over the glossy cardstock. If you don't have enough color add more drips of color and blending solution.
  4. Drip directly onto the cardstock red pepper alcohol ink randomly.
  5. Drip directly onto the cardstock rust alcohol ink randomly.
  6. Drip directly onto the cardstock butterscotch alcohol ink randomly.
  7. I let these set a little bit and then drip directly onto the cardstock the blending solution. The wetter the paper is the more mix of colors you get. If you drip the blending solution inside a drip of color it gives you the lighter color in the middle and darker around the edges.
  8. After everything dries, cut the paper to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".
  9. Using the CB embossing folder emboss the background.
  10. Using a large emery board on the rough side, I filed the embossing using the flat side of the emery board and keeping it flat so it only sanded off the color on the embossing in some places.
  11. After sanding/filing the embossing wipe the surface with a baby wipe to take any dust off the background.
  12. Cut the corners using the small circle punch. (3/4")
  13. Emboss buttons using versamark watermark ink and Copper embossing powder.

Products:

  • JudiKins Copper Embossing Powder
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks - Rust, Butterscotch, Red Pepper
  • Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
  • Hero Arts - Birthday Messages
  • EK Success Tonal Adornments - Gold String
  • Blue Moon - Bird Charm
  • Brads & Tag holder (Joann crafts)

5 comments:

  1. Well, Suzanne, I wish I could end up with a background like this. LOL I love the whole card and thanks for the detail. Also, you said I could email you on your blog because you couldn't get through to me. I can't find a place that says email for you.! Duh Me! and love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... Thank goodness you do not have a leaf punch! This is stunning!!! Such great colors together....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Thanks for the "how to" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Thank you so much for your detailed tutorial. Tell your daughter she has a wonderful sense of color.

    I have some polished stone backgrounds just waiting to try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!