Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dragonflies...

Still playing with patterned paper but went a different route... Green and Blue...
I have this pretty paper from Basic Grey that reminds me of lilypads. I had started a card with frogs and a pond made from this paper and ended up doing this instead. :)

I actually cut out two scalloped rectangles and decided to use the frames of the scallops instead of the cut outs. It is hard to tell on this picture but that is actually the cut-outs of the die cuts.

Recipe:

  1. Cut 2 rectangles of cardstock in green and blue to use to cut the scalloped rectangles.
  2. After the scalloped rectangles are cut use the pieces they were cut from to create the top frame and attach to the inside frame.
  3. Cut a piece of white cardstock to the size of the inside frame. Stamp the flowers, dragonflies and stems onto the white cardstock.
  4. Using the sponge daubers ink up with the blue and in a circular motion starting off the cardstock and moving onto the white cardstock smear the blue on the top half of the white cardstock. Using the green sponge dauber do the same on the bottom. Mix a little green and blue into the top and bottom halves of the picture. Leave the center lighter in color.
  5. I also sponged the edges of my background pieces to give it a more cohesive feeling.
  6. Cut all other pieces and round the edges of the cards and background pieces using the corner rounder.
  7. Sponge the edges of the background papers using the green and blue used in the center.
  8. Stamp dragonflies on white cardstock with same ink as the original picture. Cut out using very fine scissors. :O
  9. Add stickles (Light Green) to the circles on the flowers and on the swirls on the dragonflies. I also added some gel pen to the stems of the flowers as the ink didn't show up as much as I would have liked.
  10. Assemble and mount.. I did put foam dots between the frame and the picture to give it depth and when I affixed the dragonflies I also did the same with them.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Dragonflies (This set was a special set made for Archiver's)
  • Hero Arts - Kaleidoscope Flowers
  • Hero Arts - Lily Pad Greetings
  • Versafine - Majestic Blue
  • Memento - New Sprout
  • Memories - Sky
  • Basic Grey - Phoebe Pier 39
  • Gems, Ribbon Unknown
  • Spellbinder Nestabilities - Scalloped Rectangles

Thanks for Looking!

5 comments:

  1. No less lovely and just disgusting as all get out that you keep creating beautiful art. YOu are framing these right? This is just so wonderful and I love what you did with the die cut frame. I had thought of that, but yours is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just love the colors of your card! Your scallop frame is so neat looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzanne! I love these flowers and the dragonflies! So cool! The flowers look like fireworks a little and I love the swirlies on the dragonfly wings.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! The wreath card will show up on my blog on Wednesday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love how you blend the colors together, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking! I love everything about this. It's so great to read how you did it. The colours are SOOOOooooh amazing & thanks for the fantastic distressing pointers. Love the stickles too. It's all simply stunning! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!