Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something Elegant in lavender...

I made this the other day after distressing.. I like to switch gears and do something completely different. My goal was elegant and something in a non-traditional colors... We used to have an extraordinary amount of anniversary cards to send out.


I always panic when an anniversary rolls around and I like to make some backup cards to have on hand..

This card started from a new inkpad I purchased called Milled Lavender. This is a distress ink from Ranger. I hadn't tried it but I knew it was a very muted purple. This drew me to a cream cardstock to see if I could emulate the vintage feel of lace and purple dried lavender.

Products:

  • Martha Stewart Doily Border Punch
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Just My Type
  • Kaiser - Pearls
  • Hero Arts - C4594 Pod Branches
  • Inkadinkado Clear Stamps - 97892 Wedding / Marriage
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Milled Lavender
  • StazOn - Royal Purple
  • Ribbon - Unknown
  • Marvy Uchida Oval Punch

Toodles...

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful!!!
    I LOVE the color Lavender!

    The cream is a super choice... must remember that...

    That cake is adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous! What an eye for detail! Eveything is elegant about this card - SUPER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so beautiful, so elegant! I love the color lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is stunning! Gorgeous! Love the colors! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card. I like the combo of the embossed border, the punched lacy scallop border and the little pearls. Perfect for a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say you hit it right on the mark. It is an exceptionally elegant card and I love the colors and the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Love the muted purple...looks lovely with the cream & lace...nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!