Friday, April 24, 2009

Alcohol Ink Dots

I am working on an Alcohol Ink class for my LSS. This is one of the ideas I had that I thought would be fun. Create polka dots with my Alcohol inks. I was so excited when I found out that the colors from the Adirondack Bright Ink pads were going to be released from Ranger. I used them in this card. I really love bright colors and this card has a lot of umph!


I just realized this was my second polka dot card... Must mean there is a third one that I need to create.

Products:

  • Hero Arts Designblock - Birthday
  • Hero Arts Clear Design - Birthday Expressions
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks - Brights Red, Yellow, Orange (So glad he released the brights colors!)
  • Versafine - Habenero
  • Versamark
  • Ranger - Embossing Powder - Wild Plum
Thanks for stopping by.. We are going to have warm weather today! Gorgeous spring day for us and although my spring flowers aren't out yet, my neighbors are and they are beautiful!

Suzz

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Sue!

    May I throw myself down on your couch? (Am very tired and soooooooo glad it's Friday!) I've been tripping through your blog here, admiring all the beauties I'm finding. That silver anniversary card is really a wonder - sort of like what an epiphany would look like if it were to arrive in the form of a greeting card.

    I do have a question about the alcohol inks in this card - how did you get your circles to be so perfectly round?

    You left a comment at Flickr under my Moleskin book, saying that you needed to find light sources for your light box. I got mine from Walmart in the automotive section. They're work lights on clamps - $5.79 each. (I just sat mine on either side of the box.) I used 60-watt bulbs and my panels are white vellum, but I'm thinking of trying a higher wattage just to see the difference.

    Later, 'Tater!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your polka-dottie card Suzanne! Such bright, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are fabulous, Sue!! I got a lot of catching up to do. :) What a happy polka dots card, so bright and happy! Love it! I've never try alcohol ink before, maybe I should someday. :)

    Enjoy your nice warm weather, have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!