Friday, October 9, 2009

Taffy Apple Time

This time of year there are always taffy apples available in the store and they look so delicious. This little card uses toothpicks for the handles and the Hero Arts clear stamps Designer Fruits.
I used the sentiments from the Halloween set. The sentiment is split with the front leading into the inside.


There was a lot of debate at home about if they looked like taffy apples or not. My DD's gave input which ended in me making a couple of apple toupee's and trying them out... Here is the picture with one set. I also tried vellum with a little color. Ended up not liking any of them so the apples are bald.


Well I hope you have a lovely day! I will be busy preparing for my foil class this afternoon and then teaching. Along with a few household chores!

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. yum yum ... :) So cute and pretty!
    Want to attend your class, if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I just want to eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great.... love the plain ones best too... such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...so creative! Now I'm thinking about taffy apples....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I am loving them both! I think it depends on who the card is for! Like anything you touch isn't wonderful. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those 'bald' apples - they look so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative and cute! Super card, very yummy!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks fun with or without the "toupees". Great patterns on the apples and how clever to use toothpicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡¡Genial!!, super creativo, no paras de sorprendernos, felicidades. Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog! Oh my! You have a great blog-- I will be checking back often to see your awesome creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative is this, Sue!! Love the plain one better too!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!