Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friendship

The Moxie Fab World Challenge is Fabulous Felt.  I don't know about you but felt is not my thing. Too cumbersome and clunky for my tastes. So a good challenge for me...  I decided to try to emulate some really pretty felt flowers.  The City Crafter Challenge is Friends this week and works perfectly for the project I had in mind.

I decided to make a wall hanging:

I have had this idea to create a wall hanging from a re-cycled piece of corrugated cardboard percolating in my mind for awhile.

I started with a heart sketch. (I did this just like in grade school with folding the paper in half and drawing half the heart and then cutting it out.)  I traced that on my cardboard and cut it out. I then pulled back the layers of the cardboard to expose some of the innards.

Layers of white acrylic paint mixed with pink acrylic paint smeared on and let dry.  Next up was to stamp the beautiful damask background from Hero Arts over the entire surface using black StaZon ink.

The sentiment is from Verses Rubber Stamps - FS1134-E A Friend Strengthens.  Stamped onto pink vellum die cut using StaZon black ink.  I layered a smaller die cut of white cardstock to make the sentiment pop.

The die cut (Spellbinders labels 21) is accented with some lovely stickers from Stampendous.  The hearts are punched from white cardstock and embossed using Stampendous Aged Silver Enamel Embossing Powder. (I am really addicted to this embossing powder.)  The wasps were left over from another project and I added heart brads embossed to match the hearts on the quote.

My lovely felt flowers are white felt cut with hash marks along the length and rolled up and stuck on glue dots on a circle of cardstock.  Then spritzed with Pomegranate glimmer mist and dipped in Crystal Ultra-Fine glitter.

Add tulle to hang with a tulle bow to put the flowers and gold leaves.

Have a wonderful Saturday!  I will be back later with my CR84FN challenge.

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous heart, love the corrugated card and the paint in the background. Your flowers ate yummy. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This leaves me speechless, Sue! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Sue and you have made the felt flowers look so delicate! (I'm not a lover of felt either, lol!) Excellent idea to mix it with the tulle to create such a feminine look.

    I can't believe how many beautiful makes I missed and although I can't comment on each one as I normally do, I am glad I went back to look at them all.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin said was I was thinking. . .I'm speechless. Amazing work, Suzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne this is such a b eautiful heart. Gorgeous. Wunderful is the layout.Love it.
    Nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO creative! The felt flowers are perfect for this design! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Suzz and your felt flowers are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Suzanne, really lovely.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant wall hanging Sue, and so sweet of you to make something special for me (LOL). Seriously though who wouldn't want this beautiful piece - so many fab details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how your mind percolates Sue - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness this is beautiful ... I love the little bees and you pretty flowers ... and a beautiful quote .. thanks so much for playing along with us again at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! This is so pretty.. You are so creative.. I just love this.. Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, love those felt flowers, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is GORGEOUS! LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!