Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stampendous Monthly Challenge - Re-cycle, Re-Purpose, & Re-Use

It's the first Saturday in April, and that means a new  Stampendous challenge. This month, in honor of Earth Day, the challenges is all about recycling, re-purposing or reusing.

For my card I re-purposed an old sewing pattern as my flower:


I used the beautiful Corset Ladies Perfectly Clear Stamps to create my card.  The dress form was stamped twice once in the background and again on acetate. The background was edged with the floral scroll using green and brown dye ink.

The flower was die cut from an old sewing pattern

For more inspiration:

To play along you  have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog).  You do not have to use Stampendous products.  The prize (drawn at random) is this a lovely Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set.  Available in stores now, it will be on the website for purchase soon!

Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address. 

Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzz, love love the image a Nd the flower cut from a pattern is perfect. Enjoy your Easter. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz your card is just elegant and gorgeous! that repurposed flower is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEautiful Suzz!!! All of your creations make me gasp!! I love your work. I hope you have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so GEORGEOUS!!! I love it! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower is really cool, and truly compliments your seamstress design. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that flower! If I didn't actually reuse my patterns, this would totally be me. Gorgeous card, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzz, This is lovely! Your flower is beautiful and your background... I wish you would bottle your talent. I'd give anything to have an ounce of your creativity and artistry. Just stunning, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh. Have to dig out some ancient patterns for flowers! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous vintage card Sue. Love the earthy colours and the frame you've created. How I'm wishing I hadn't thrown all those old sewing patterns away :-( It's always the case isn't it, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! This card is stunningly pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card looks amazing. I just love the design and the image.

    Hugs, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wings on the corset, it's gorgeous. Love the tape twill as well, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow this is Gorgeous, great vintage feel and love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful vintage card! Love the repurposed Pattern as your blossom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!