Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trinket Box

Simon Says Stamp and Show this week is to show a Tim Holtz technique.  I am sharing a trinket box I created from a box purchased from the clearance bin. 

 My trinket box using a few different Tim Holtz techniques:
This project uses all new stamps from Stampendous being released this month!  The box is covered in tissue tape which has alcohol ink applied over it to tint it to a nice rust color.  The edges of the box were inked up with versamark and heat embossed using black chunky embossing enamel and Aged Bronze embossing enamel. The gears are all stamped on acetate using versamark and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  The image is stamped onto a fragment and heat embossed using black embossing powder. 

Happy Tuesday!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, love the embossing on the edges and the decorated fragment is stunning. A fabulous trinket box Suzz. Great to see you joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge ths week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is super cool!!! Looks almost like one of Tim's trinket boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea Sue. I have a little trinket box (different shape to yours) that I think might just get a makeover now, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project - love it

    Elaaine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous box! I love all the techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Suzz! I love it. Very inspiring. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh!!! Now thats what I call a kewl box!!!!!
    Awesome Sue.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing ... I can't believe that is just tissue tape with ink ... what a fabulous effect and the embossing Wpw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is this. Hummmm.. Just thinking what kinda fun stuff I could store in such a cool box.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness! Your work always amazes me, but this is beyond amazing!!! Laura is going to flip when she sees this, if she hasn't already. Tons of Frantage gorgeousness on this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab altered box! Love all the added bronze embossing - gives it a wonderful vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Sue..you shoulda heard the sound I made when I zoomed in on the picture of your OUTTTTA THIS WORLD trinket box!! JUST LOVELY!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!