Thursday, May 10, 2012

Summer

I'm back with my MIL birthday card.  I was working on something this morning went into the paper drawer and got distracted with an inky background created a long time ago with spatters. Cathy at Moxie Fab World is hosting a series of Card Creations Challenges and one of them is spatter technique.  I also decided to pair it with one of my favorite stamps for the Simon Says Stamp and Show your favorite.

 The background was actually spattered by too much ink on the reverse side of the paper... I had been playing with distress re-inkers on my craft mat and picking up the excess ink onto white cardstock to use later.  Well if you saturate the cardstock with too much paper it bleeds through.  This is the back side of the inked cardstock.  I saw it this morning and thought it looked cool and wanted to create a hot summer day with a little haze from the heat and maybe a few lazy seeds floating in the breeze.

The pussy willows(Serendipity Stamps)  has to be one of my favorite stamps I own.  They will also be nice for my MIL as I know they had a bush with these in their yard many years ago as we have talked about it before.  I added the little butterflies from Hero Arts along with the Verses Rubber Sentiment - Wings of the Butterfly.

Have a lovely day and hope you are seeing some lovely summer temps where you are!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Love your pussy willow card, Sue! What a happy accident with the background - love the final product!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzz.....yet another beautiful entry from you this week. Your stamping is always so beautifully done and colored! This card is very elegant with such a sweetness of spring about it. Love the little dimensional butterflies and the small piece of twine or cording wrapped at the bottom. You have such a wonderful eye for the little details that make pieces so much more "polished". Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow yet another beauty, love the inky background and the image is stunning and works so well with the background. Love the dimensional butterfly with the added pearls on his body along with the natural twine. Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just amaze me with your ability to see the haze and create the scene! This is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A totally gorgeous card, I love it! The background card is a triumph! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think your little accident made for one pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, it's so stylish! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Suzz. Love the soft look of the ink splatters. You are very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a neat effect from a happy accident! so clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely. Nice and soft. A somewhat different take on splatters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!