Saturday, July 19, 2014

Shabby Birds


Happy Saturday!  I am so pleased it is the weekend.  I am back today sharing a shabby chic wall hanging.  I started with some fun rub-ons and  pretty summery colors.

I started with placing some rub-ons onto a piece of leftover cardboard that was white.
I then used a mixed of orange, pink and yellow dye inks to sponge on a mix of colors over the background.

After I finished with the dye ink I used the Tim Holtz Stencil with embossing paste to add a honeycomb texture. After the paste dried I ripped a bit of the background and added a touch of white paint over the surface.

I finished my board with a stamped bird image (Stampers Anonymous and created a nest form white flower.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz









2 comments:

  1. Stunning project Suzz. Love the flower nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Suzz! The colours really pop and that nest is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!