Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Love is In The Air

Happy Wednesday! I have been busy creating this week but nothing I wanted to share until today.  This morning I was flipping through a catalog and  I spied an ad for some lovely denim pillows from Pottery Barn.  The pillows  had me thinking how I could replicate the effect.

I was inspired by the design team at  Vintage Journey's Love is in the Air.

   Here are the pillows:
I tried a few different effects to get this effect and was satisfied with the effect when I finished but wished I could have gotten the denim blue color.

I stamped the images on white cardstock using versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then tried a few different techniques but ended up using acrylic paint to give my denim texture.

I did a second version with ghost stamping and it was pretty but you can't get the cloth effect and get a strong enough image.

The stamps are Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz and the stickers Idea-Ology.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Those cushions are gorgeous Sue and so are your 'replications'! I think you came up with a stunning result.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'denim' effect you created is wonderful and the colour is about as close as possible to my eyes. Love the embossed stamping too, it really makes the background blue 'pop'. Thanks so much for joining in at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, the denim effect is brilliant and the collage of the different elements looks so beautiful! Love the whole idea of it too, a fabulous card and so refreshing to see a love themed project in blue tones!! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both inspiration and your card are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the replications Sue, the effects are stunning.
    Thanks for sharing your talent at AVJ.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this look Sue! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!