Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Funkie Junkie Tag # 11 & 12

Happy Christmas!  It is getting very close to the big day!  I snuck in some time this morning to finish up my tags for Linda's Funkie Junkie Twelve tags of Christmas.  Her on-line store the  Frilly and Funkie Boutique sponsors her challenge. 

Linda's tag #11 is a beautiful shimmery tag with lovely hints of blue and a snowy snowflake inspired tag.  I tried to play with the ideas of the embossing paste, snowflakes and the shades of blue in my take on her tag.


I started with a coat of embossing paste on my tag.  I laid a layer of tissue paper over the embossing paste and inked up the snowflake stamp and stamped into the tissue paper. You get the stamped image and an impression in the embossing paste. I repeated randomly and at the end I sprayed the entire surface with a blue mist.

I let that dry and while it was drying I decided to cut out a series of snowflakes in vellum. I thought I would use the soft vellum to place the snowflakes onto my background. 
When I finished I realized you couldn't see them so I decided to edge them in silver which lead to embossing them with Aged Silver embossing powder and then of course I had to emboss the edge of my tag as well. :)

It ended up darker than I intended with the aged silver embossing powder but I love the heavy metallic feel of the snowflakes.

Next up is Linda's rustic charming tag # 12.  I love that Linda' folded her tag to create a folded tag with a message inside.  I was sketching this idea and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with her lovely plaid on the outside and holly on the inside, when inspiration struck.  What if I cut off both sides of the fold to make it a tag on either side.  After I sketched this and thought about the plaid I realized it would look like a dapper Christmas vest.  So here is my Santa's vest folded tag.
 I used the Tim Holtz stripes stencil with Candy Apple Red and Lucky Clover to create the plaid on the front.  I used Antique Linen in the back with the same plaid pattern.   I added a few buttons and died my suspenders to coordinate.  Linda had the adorable tag and holly on her band which inspired my tag on the suspender.

 When you open it up inside there is a smattering of holly with red stickle berries


I added Christmas music in the background using the Antique Linen Dye Ink and then the berries over that with the Penny Black sentiment stamped in the center. 

A close up of the tag and holly:


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I love these!!! What a stunner of a snowflake tag and then that dapper vest! LOVE the way your creative mind works Suzz. Fab results. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic versions of Linda's inspiration - I just love those sparkling berries against the subtle background inside the wallet - amazing.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous finish! All of your tags were such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these 2 tags. The embossing of the vellum snowflakes makes them look exactly like distressed metal. I would have never guessed they were cut from such fragile paper. The contrast to the beautiful blue background was perfect.

    Your final tag turned out so cute. You are right, the vest idea was a great idea, and really showed off the plaid. The gentle holly in the inside was a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and wow again! What a dynamite duo! Your blue and vintage silver tag is just incredible. I love the metallic embossed snowflakes - really gorgeous. And your plaid Santa's vest is so cute. What a brilliant take on my #12 tag. I'm so delighted that you were able to play in my annual 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge again this year!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!