Monday, March 14, 2016

Purple, Rust and Gold

My morning started out with a quick check in with some of my crafty friends and I was struck by the beautiful background and art that Astrid created using a technique from Blanche Siegmann.  It had me inspired to try out some ideas.

"A Vintage Journey" is celebrating their birthday and have a recipe provided for their March challenge which encompasses Purple, Chipboard, and Rust.  A very strong influence for my tag. :)
 I started with playing around with the background technique.  A few of my different attempts:


I used the gold distress stain with the dusty concord ink over the surface to create my backgrounds. I tried a variety of stamps in the background.  

 You might recognize the butterflies as they were the leftovers from my tag made for Tim's March tag. They already had a beautiful mix of white, black and gold on the surface.  I just added the Stampendous Aged Metallic to the edges of the tag and the butterflies.

The stencil is one of  the new Tim Holtz Idea-ology Layering Stencils.  I added gold embossing powder to the metallic numbers and added them to the butterflies.  The sentiment is from Verses Rubber Stamps.


Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very inspiring.
    Lovely color combo. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag, these colours look fabulous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, this is fabulous, love that background effect and a perfect place for those amazing butterflies to alight. Thanks for using the contents of the AVJ travel bag and sharing your inspiring art with us.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! So gorgeous and that sentiment stamp really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so beautiful Suzz!!! Love how you played with that background to get it right. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gorgeous tag creation Suzz! what a lovely backbground you created and the touches of metal on edges and butterflies are beautiful! thanks for joining us at the AVJ. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background which is so perfectly highlighted by the metallic edges. The butterflies look wonderful as the finishing touch. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia S-W x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!