Thursday, December 8, 2016

Believe in Joy

Howdy!  The wind chill is fierce today and going to be very cold for the next few weeks.  I am bundled up crafting in my cozy craft room.  Having so many supplies lining the wall gives me extra insulation. :)

I was working on Tim's tag for December. It took me awhile and I came up with my take on his inspirational tag. 

I created about 6 pieces of burlap backgrounds and couldn't get the effect I wanted. I moved onto canvas and was happy with the way the stencil showed up on a golden background.  This set the tone for the tag a mix of Aged Mahogany and Gold.

The background was sprayed with gold mist and let dry.  I then sponged the dye ink over the stencil on the background.

To emulate the letterpress technique:  1. Sponged on dye ink on the embossing folder and embossed the paper.   2. Stenciled with embossing paste and when dry dragged the dye ink over the surface to add a shadow of color.



The charms were all colored using a Krylon pen to give them the golden tones.  The finishing touch was a sprinkling of Stampendous Luxe mixture of glitter and mica flakes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Suzz, love your design. Your craft room sounds like mine stuffed full of supplies lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one a lot and my favorite part is the sprinkles on top! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take Suzz! LOVE the little embellies. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!